Sunday 6 December 2009

How can the practical option...

...be anything other than God's option?

Psalm 37:4

The practical option won't be someone with money, or job security, but security of faith. They will love good and trust in the Lord. They will love you.

Matthew 6:25-33

They might have a house, a car and a large income, but will they leave you to cycle to church each Sunday by yourself? Will you be left to pray alone everyday?

Philippians 2:1-11

That one's a passage for me to reflect on. All too often I let myself think I've got it all figured out. I feel like I have something better than those around me. Let my concern for you not be selfish, or driven out of conceited piety, but driven out of love given by the Spirit. Let me learn to control myself.

I'm not claiming to be someone who's right for ANYONE. But it's easy to see who's not right.

I'm so thankful you see it too.

Thank you for lovely days in the sun. Thank you for walks in the park. Thank you for nice meals together with friends.

I love you, see you soon,

TheSovietChairman

No comments:

Post a Comment