Monday 20 April 2009

My house...

...In the middle of my street. Yes, I know. It's not our, but it'll do.

I've returned to my room at college after some very relaxing holidays, but still left one treat in store. That's right, a sweet dinner party with My Sweet.

Wait. That's not right... Hosted by My Sweet!

She baked carrot and banana cake, sticky date pudding, carrot and red cabbage salad, chickpea and zucchini salad and many more tasty treats. She also left me smiling at the station, feeling happier than I can remember. Congratulations, My Love. You hosted a fantastic party and you've given me a smile that refuses to fade.

Below is a snap-shot of one of my walls. There are a conventional set of four walls to my room. In the image below, we see a Tiki souvenir from New Zealand, brought back by a dear friend. We see a postcard with a photograph of Gerda Steiner & Jörg Lenzlinger's The Water Hole. We see a poster of the fantastic clay models by the talented Camille Young of some of the characters from Mother 3, which was previously the inside of a book jacket, which I decided to get laminated. We also see a beautiful calender, which my amazing girl gave me, out of the blue. It helps make the year go faster, seeing images of good times when we were free to just spend time together. The only problem is... I can't write on it... I don't want to mark it!


*happy sigh*

She's so beautiful.

Below we have a rather terrifying poster from Antony and the Johnsons' album, The Crying Light. Beside it we see a poster from Ben Kweller's Changing Horses.


Further down we have my dear Abby reading my girlfriend's blog. So that's who has been using up all my download quota!


Come visit some time,

TheSovietChairman

P.S. Abby appears to be rocking out to... Don McLean? Fair enough.

P.P.S. I'm so very tired. Sweet dreams.

2 comments:

  1. Of course you can write on it, just not on the photos :) glad you came to my dinner party, wouldn't have been the same without you. And yes your poster is terrifying. Antony and his Johnsons are terrifying. Actually I think it's just Antony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was indeed a lovely party :).

    The happiest time I can remember.

    Heh heh...

    Antony...

    ReplyDelete