Monday 4 May 2009

Soup, soup a-tasty, soup, soup a-spicy...

Yesterday's visit to the grandparents went exceedingly well. It was lovely to see them again, and in such excellent spirits. I walked away with some lovely Winter Tea, a web cam and some new shoes. Yay!

Granddad had made us a special soup of his own creation. He was immensely proud. We all had a laugh about how pleased he was with the outcome.

It was a pumpkin soup, but not your average one. Oh, no.



It had more that just pumpkin, potato and onions. It had lots of black pepper, curry powder and hot English mustard. It has a pleasing bite to it, that didn't mask the pumpkin flavour.

Very tasty indeed.

I hope he's not upset now that the recipe's been leaked onto the Internet.

TheSovietChairman

P.S. I think symmetry might be the go for a while...


What do you think?

P.P.S. Yes, I did take the photo with the camera in my mouth. Strangely, it was quite difficult...

Usually my tongue is excellent at pushing buttons...

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a funny one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhhhh dear .... this made me laugh out loud. In surprise mingled with amusement, I'm sure, but laugh very loudly all the same. You're a funny one, to be sure!

    Nice nails. I think.

    ReplyDelete