Saturday 24 October 2009

Ah, Dainty

Yes, it's back. My favourite restaurant is back and it's still got it.

After a brief transition period, Dainty Sichuan Food is alive and kicking (me in the stomach right now). I won't forget the enjoyable evening I had last night, and my tummy is making sure of it...

Despite the usual reaction to the chilli, I will definitely be back.

All things considered Dainty has changed for the better. It looks much nicer, it's bigger and the food we had last night was as good or better than that of the previous kitchen.
















The five dishes we ordered between the four of us turned out to be a little extravagent. We ended up bagging a fair portion of it up to take home.

The Ants climbing a tree, which was a favourite of one of our party, from the old joint, returned to us with an extra bite. The kong pao chicken was as tasty as ever and the garlic cucumber helped to take the edge off when we were getting chillied out.

Our overall favourite was perhaps still the fish-flavoured eggplant, with its crunchy-on-the-outside, soft-on-the-inside, sweet, chilli-coated deliciousness.

The chilli coated beef strips were slightly improved with fresh chilli slices accompanying these spicy little guys.

The service was fast, but the bill was promtly delivered, discouraging people from lingering to enjoy the after-glow of the meal.

I feel I must return soon.

Thank you, dear friends, for joining me. I really did have a good night. I hope your tests/work/study go well. I hope we can do it all over again when my exams are over.

TheSovietChairman

P.S. Thanks for the input, people who have mentioned my last post to me in person. I was surprised that it was that last topic that inspired the most dicussion.

4 comments:

  1. what a unique name - ants climbing a tree!
    lol, looks like it was all very delectable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh heh. Yes, it was all very nice :). We must organise a restaurant outing soon :).

    Any preferences? Any favourites?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm willing to try anything :D
    bring on the gastronomic adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, first we must work out where you have and haven't been... :)

    Hmmm... What about the regular student places? been to 'em all? Stalactites? The Moroccan Soup Kitchen? Shoya? Tiba's? The Abyssinian? Lentil as Anything? Laksa King? Ying Thai? Shanghai Dumpling House? Dainty, of course? A1? The Oriental Spoon? Bismi's? The Rochester?

    All of those hold certain appeal for different reasons, be it atmosphere, price, speciality, portion size, etc. Not too many combine all of them, though :).

    Any appeal? Or perhaps you have a favourite? Or is there a large gap you're seeing in my suggestions? Hmmm... I guess there's no Italian in there, I suppose. But there's a lot to choose from, if you're stuck :).

    Also, apparently the place where Dainty used to be is occupied by a near-identical joint. Might have to check that out sometime, too :).

    ReplyDelete