Wednesday 28 October 2009

The flowers that bloom in the spring, Tra la

Breathe promise of merry sunshine —
As we merrily dance and we sing,
Tra la,
We welcome the hope that they bring,
Tra la,
Of a summer of roses and wine,
Of a summer of roses and wine.
And that's what we mean when we say that a thing
Is welcome as flowers that bloom in the spring.
Tra la la la la,
Tra la la la la,
The flowers that bloom in the spring.

Wow. It's been too long since I saw a G&S. Better fix that, methinks.

My nails are all one colour, for once. I couldn't help it. I saw the sunlight on the new growth on the trees and I couldn't help but dress to match.

























Colours make me happy. Spending time in God's creation makes me happy. My friend keeps looking over his shoulder at me. Are you sure you're alright? You're not going to... explode?

Nope. Not today. Today I'll smile. Today I'll enjoy a picnic. Today I'll hear the drums. Today I'll watch the bees.

Dad says I should eat lots of fatty foods. A friend suggests watching a chick flick. Another suggests taking her chocolate supply.

Nope. I'll be fine. Thank you, Lord, for the strength that I could never have had on my own! Praise to God for the colours today.

TheSovietChairman




4 comments:

  1. did you end up watching the bees?

    yay for beautiful colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did :). I watched them circle the centre of each poppy and them move onto the next one :). It was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely, so much colour.
    No matter how horrid things get, there's always going to be a world for you isn't there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep :). A beautiful, broken world to enjoy :).

    ReplyDelete