Friday 7 November 2008

Take a melody

I enjoy receiving emails from friends I haven't seen in a long time. One of my high school mates says he's gone from being a short kid to over six foot now. He's a cool kid. He's friendly, looks out for others and we share some similar interests.

He is up for anything. He can hang with anyone.
He still likes the things we used to think were fun.

--On My Way, Ben Kweller

Except that I still like the same things... Hmmm...

Need I grow up? It just reminds me of one of my favourite quotes, and then I think, maybe I'm doing fine:

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up"

-- C.S. Lewis

And because of this, I'm just going to sing Eight Melodies and sign off without making a point.

Bye!

TheSovietChairman



Take a melody
Simple as can be
Give it some words
And sweet harmony

Raise your voices
All day long now
Love grows strong now
Sing a melody of love, oh love

Love is the power
Love is the glory
Love is the beauty
And the joy of spring

Love is the magic
Love is the story
Love is the melody
We all can sing

No comments:

Post a Comment